We have posted a few of our recipes that we created for Global Television. Enjoy!
Citrus Salad – Global Television February 14, 2019
- Salad – Peel and slice your favorite citrus. I used pink grapefruit, Moro or blood oranges, Clementine oranges, Cara Cara oranges and honey tangerines. Arrange on a salad platter. Chiffonade basil and mint and add. Today I used Lean Mean Microgreens. Crumble goat cheese or feta and add. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- Dressing – Zest and juice one blood orange and one lemon. Combine both in a saucepan. Add ½ a cup of Riesling white wine along with ½ cup organic sugar, 1 tsp of lemon honey (I used Border Hills) and 1 tsp of chopped fresh rosemary. Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar and then lower to simmer for 15 minutes. Dressing will thicken slightly. Sprinkle with Himalayan pink sea salt and pour over your fruit platter. Enjoy!
Might Mushroom Appetizer Spread – Global Television April 18, 2019
- Slice one pound of mushrooms. I used Alberta’s All Season Mushrooms. Their containers are 7 ounce so I used two and a half containers. Saute in 3-4 teaspoons of butter for 5-6 minutes.
- Add 1.5 tbsp of flour and 1 medium onion diced. Saute an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Grind in pepper to taste but I also did a small mixture of T&A Spice Co organic spice blends. The ratio I used was 1/2 tsp of their Italian Seasoning, 1/4 tsp of their Hamburger Zip and 1/4 tsp of their Sassy Salt.
- Stir in 1 cup of sour cream and the juice of a lemon or 2 tsps.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Place in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle in another 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes. The top should be golden and bubbly.
- We enjoyed our mighty mushroom spread on Alvim’s Fine Foods traditional cheese buns which are gluten and yeast free. If you would like to kick it up another notice, try Alvim’s garlic cheese buns which are also gluten and yeast free.