We have posted a few of our recipes that we created for Global Television and events throughout Alberta. Enjoy!
Citrus Salad – Global Television February 14, 2019
- Salad – Peel and slice your favorite citrus. I used pink grapefruit, Moro or blood oranges, Clementine oranges, Cara Cara oranges and honey tangerines. Arrange on a salad platter. Chiffonade basil and mint and add. Today I used Lean Mean Microgreens. Crumble goat cheese or feta and add. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- Dressing – Zest and juice one blood orange and one lemon. Combine both in a saucepan. Add ½ a cup of Riesling white wine along with ½ cup organic sugar, 1 tsp of lemon honey (I used Border Hills) and 1 tsp of chopped fresh rosemary. Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar and then lower to simmer for 15 minutes. Dressing will thicken slightly. Cool. Sprinkle with Himalayan pink sea salt and pour over your fruit platter. Enjoy!
Might Mushroom Appetizer Spread – Global Television April 18, 2019
- Slice one pound of mushrooms. I used Alberta’s All Season Mushrooms. Their containers are 7 ounce so I used two and a half containers. Saute in 3-4 teaspoons of butter for 5-6 minutes.
- Add 1.5 tbsp of flour and 1 medium onion diced. Saute an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Grind in pepper to taste but I also did a small mixture of T&A Spice Co organic spice blends. The ratio I used was 1/2 tsp of their Italian Seasoning, 1/4 tsp of their Hamburger Zip and 1/4 tsp of their Sassy Salt.
- Stir in 1 cup of sour cream and the juice of a lemon or 2 tsps.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Place in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle in another 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes. The top should be golden and bubbly.
- We enjoyed our mighty mushroom spread on Alvim’s Fine Foods traditional cheese buns which are gluten and yeast free. If you would like to kick it up another notice, try Alvim’s garlic cheese buns which are also gluten and yeast free.
Lemon Blueberry Coconut Granola – Global Television July 7, 2019
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Grainworks organic 7 grain cereal mix on a parchment lined or silpat baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of Grainworks organic old fashioned oats to the baking sheet along with 1/2 cup chopped almonds and 1/2 cup chopped cashews. Bake for 12-15 minutes stirring every 4 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup unsalted butter; add 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup Border Hills lemon honey, 1/4 cup Border Hills blueberry honey, 1 tsp of vanilla and a pinch of Himalayan pink sea salt. I usually cook it until it starts to foam slightly. Let cool slightly.
- Place the contents of the baking sheet of grains, oats and nuts into a large bowl. Add in 1/2 cup chopped dried blueberries and 1/2 cup of Grainworks organic unsweetened coconut (it truly is sweet enough!). Pour over the honey mixture and stir well.
- Empty the bowl onto your silpat and spread to desired thickness. Pressing down well with a silicone spatula. It will be a bit sticky. Chill for at least 2-4 hours, slice and enjoy!
****Sometimes I bake it for another five minutes at the end to crisp up the granola bars however I love it softer so normally just chill it.
***Feel free to change it up by replacing the lemon and blueberry honey with Border Hills cinnamon honey and switch the coconut and dried blueberries with currents or raisins.
Smokehouse Chip Dip – Global Television July 7, 2019
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 TBSP Kappa Foods Black Maple Marinade
- 1 TBSP dill (I used organic dried dill from TA Spice Co)
- 1 TBSP garlic powder (I used organic from TA Spice Co)
- 1/2 TBSP onion powder (guess what……I used organic from TA Spice)
- 1/2 shredded asiago or parmesan cheese
- Stir together and enjoy. If you like a bit of heat, add in a few drops of Kappa Foods Red Diablo drizzle and dip.
***This recipe was created by Chef Nicolo @ Kappa Foods
Hellish Dip – Global Television July 7, 2019
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 heaping TBSP of Hellish Relish
- Mix together and taste the deliciousness!
Lemon Dill Lite Dip – Global Television July 7, 2019
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 TSPs of T&A Spice Co Lemon Dill Lite organic spice mix
- Stir and enjoy! This also makes a great spread on salmon as well as a veggie dip.
Sticky Toffee Oat Bars – Calgary Stampede’s Kitchen Theatre July 8, 2019
- 6 oz salted butter
- 8 oz soft brown sugar
- 4 TBSP of Kappa Foods Golden Reserve Maple Syrup
- 8 oz of Grainworks organic oat flakes
- 4 oz of Grainworks organic 7 grain cereal
- 2 oz of Grainworks organic coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Heat the butter, add sugar, syrup and cook over medium heat until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add in the oats, 7 grain cereal and coconut and mix well until everything is incorporated together.
- Place in a 8″ square baking pan lined with parchment and press down so is flat and level.
- Bake for 20 minutes on middle rack.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes and score to desired size. They will still be quite soft but will continue to firm while cooling.
- After 30 minutes, remove from baking pan and onto a cutting board to cut into squares.
- Enjoy as they will not last long!
***This recipe was created by Chef David Swanson-Reinhardt